Sunday 12 July 2015

MAKAREZ RESTO - THE ARABIAN TASTE IN SOLO

MAKAREZ RESTO - THE ARABIAN TASTE IN SOLO
MAKAREZ RESTO - THE ARABIAN TASTE IN SOLO
Its my first post and my first time write an article, I loved food and really like traveling. So I wanna share my experience everything about food, the recipe, tips, hang outs place etc. Hope can be useful for readers who read my blog right now.

Right now I'm in Solo, Central Java. The reason why I'm here because I wanna meet my family and my wife that locate in Solo and Yogyakarta. With its charming, Solo city have its appeal. You can see the culture in Solo is really bold.

So its not right if I visit this beautiful city without taste its food. Then I got recommended by my friend that there is a restaurant who present arabian food. Hmmm... really interesting arabian food in Solo?. Its called "MAKAREZ RESTO" which is located in "JL. PALUGUNAN, PASAR KLIWON".

When I get into the restaurant, it has a good decoration and I got cozy feeling. You won't feel like come to restaurant, you'll feel like come to a house. Now for the food, there are I request "MANDHI RICE with LAMB", a "LEMON SQUASH, "SMALL ROASTED LAMB" (their special menu) and "CHEESE LAVA CAKE" as my desert.

Mandhi Rice with Lamb
Mandhi Rice with Lamb - IDR 37.000
Its need about 15 minutes to serve the menu, from what I see, mandhi rice is a rice that cook with "rempah" or spice. It has a good aroma and the texture of the rice is fluffier. The lamb was covered with aluminum foil to keep the temperature of the lamb. I think the was roasted from the what i see and it got serve with green chili sauce that mix with green tomato.

 For Indonesian people if expecting the spice taste from mandhi rice is good like you eat fried rice you will get disappointed. The taste is quite flavorless, there is sweet taste from raisins and a little taste of "kapulaga". The one that really interesting is the lamb, its really soft and tender, and the taste is wonderful. To eat mandhi rice, you can mix your rice with chili sauce and a little cut of lamb meat  so you can taste all the flavor in your mouth. That you can feel sweet and savory together in your mouth.  

Small Roasted Lamb
Small Roasted Lamb - IDR 57.000
After eat  mandhi rice with lamb I really hope the roasted lamb that I request before is really good. Then like exactly from what I expect, it was serve with pickles and chili soy sauce. The taste was wonderful (ancuurrr gilee rasanya bro!!!) and  even though its name "small" it can be for two persons I think. There is no fishy smell and no bellyful even you eat a lot of it. This dish that make me wanna come back here again.

Cheese Lava Cake
Cheese Lava Cake - IDR 18.000
After all the main menu, I decide to eat the desert that isn't as good as its name "Cheese Lava Cake". This lava cake is actually double toasted bread that was filled with "little" mozzarella cheese in the middle and a cream above of it. And you can tell the taste from the picture above... LOL.

Overall the taste is standard and quite expensive except for the ROASTED LAMB, maybe i'll back again for the Roasted lamb.
Restaurant Name :
- MAKAREZ RESTO
Address :
- JL. PALUGUNAN, PASAR KLIWON, SOLO, CENTRAL JAVA
Type of Food :
- ARABIAN FOOD
Menu :
- MANDHI RICE with LAMB (IDR 37K)
- SMALL ROASTED LAMB (IDR 57 K)
- LEMON SQUASH (IDR 11K)
- CHEESE LAVA CAKE (IDR 18K)

0 comments:

Post a Comment